Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Rafting in Rishikesh

About a month ago I went white water rafting for the first time! It was a great time. We went to a camp a little bit outside of Rishikesh. It was on a river bank, so of course it was beautiful!

 Now this was my kind of camping- there were actual beds and bamboo on the floor's of the tent to cover the sand. There were even toilet and shower tents! And the food was prepare for us- that means no cooking. Yes! It was HOT but under the canopies it was breezy and wonderful. The weekend was so relaxing. I got to play volleyball and frisbee (and attempt -and fail- to learn a new trick). We also played lots of cards and dice games. So fun!
The tent where we ate our meals and played lots of games

 Apparently this river is pretty mellow and the rapids are easy compared to other rivers, but it was my first time to go white water rafting so I was terrified! But, I survived and it was so much fun! Although, at one point our guide said "All right, this one's called the roller coaster. Check you life jackets and helmets". That got me pretty nervous haha! The water was freezing and refreshing, especially on such a hot day. Later I got to go kayaking. Luckily it was a 2 seater because I had no idea how to steer the thing. Indians don't know how to swim so it was pretty funny when I wanted to go swimming and they forced me to wear a life jacket, in water that went up to my waist.
Overall it was a really fun and relaxing weekend- just what I needed!
Getting ready to go white water rafting

No comments:

Post a Comment